Click on the logo below to be redirected to Tugis Art Sudio

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Getting ready to make a large collage artwork

I'm preparing to make the largest collage-art I have ever made in my life. It is just about one inch longer than its predecessor. Until now, the largest collage I have ever made was titled 'G-is-for-Jesus' and it was sold 4 years after her creation.


The size of the average cardboard paper (as sold in a book shop or art-supply-shop) is approximately 20.4 x 25.0 inches and I plan on making a 30 inches collage so I have to improvise (a way to attach 3 cardboard paper for the back).


The above photos are pictures of the job at different stages.


At the time I started the work, their was no light (electrical power supply) but currently, we have seen great improvement with the power supply (over here in Nigeria, West Africa). Funny because, just a few weeks ago, I published a blogs-post about the epileptic power supply at {www.biro-sketch.blogspot.com/2012/07/burning-midnight-candle.html}. May be the improvement might be due to Ramadan fasting.


If i can organise my time, this would be 'completed' in about a week from now but, I doubt if that is possible (because I am too busy at work, and when I close from work, I am usually too busy sleeping or doing some domestic or academic work)... So I forecast that the work would be done in about 2 weeks from now.


The next stage of the artwork would be to cut out the little pieces of paper that I would later glue together to form a collage artwork...
I am kind of excited about this particular artwork.


Thanks for visiting my blog today.



Ife'ka Terry
www.ifekaterry.com


FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/art.africa
----------

Tugis Art Studio: www.tugis.com.ng

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post

Recent Posts Widget